One day, a heavy wind blessed her with plenty of long tree limbs to choose from. That evening, when she saw me open the door, she rushed up to greet me – limb and all.
Her tail was wagging, her eyes were bright and she couldn’t wait to get her neck scratched.
Unfortunately, the limb she had in her mouth was so long that she couldn’t fit through the door.
I could see the dilemma on her face — the tough choice of knowing that she’d have to drop her precious stick to get through the door and get her neck scratched.
That’s what it’s like for most of us, knowing that we can get more of what we really want, but we’ll have to let go of something else to get there.
We have to face that reality: everything isn’t equally worth doing. For Sammi, getting her neck scratched trumped carrying around the stick. (I was pretty happy about that!)
The time comes, as a business owner or leader, when we have to take a deep breath and let go.
We have to train others to take over tasks, responsibilities and authority for things we’ve done well. We have to learn to trust that others will do them just as well, hopefully even better.
Easier Said Than Done
If you’ve reached that turning point, putting together a strategic plan can help you make that transition.
Here are a few clues that time may have come. Are you:
- Feeling overwhelmed?
- Going in too many directions?
- Unclear about your priorities?
- Don’t know what to do next (or first!)?
- Trying to accomplish big dreams with a shoestring budget?
- Unable to achieve the results you really want?
- Unprepared to capitalize on all the opportunities you see?
It’s a proven fact that creating (and using!) a strategic plan will help you master those challenges. You’ll
- Gain clarity
- Get focused
- Decide priorities (including what to STOP doing!)
- Achieve better results
- Inspire the full engagement of your team
Don’t let Strategic Planning Scare You
It’s not rocket science, I promise! Strategic planning is a step by step process of:
- Painting a picture of your desired future
- Choosing the ideas you believe will give you an advantage
- Deciding what is worth doing
- Knowing exactly what you want people to do
- Choosing how to do it in the best way
- Using your resources wisely
- Making better decisions
Simply put, strategic planning takes you from being reactive to the “crisis of the day” to focusing on the future and becoming proactive.
The Reality of Cost
I know that sometimes the expense of hiring a consultant to facilitate strategic planning keeps small business owners from taking action.
That’s why I’ve designed an affordable and convenient way to accomplish strategic planning.
(to help you organize your goals, your priorities and know who is accountable for what).
The benefits of strategic planning are remarkable! You’ll learn how to:
- Define a clear vision, understood and embraced by all employees
- Set clear goals
- Focus on your priorities (daily decisions become easier then!)
- Prevent wasting precious time and money
- Focus on what differentiates you from your competition
- Energize and inspire your employees to deliver their very best effort
- Define what people are accountable for (not just tasks – results!)
- Turn strategic plans into action plans
Breathe New Life Into Your Business
Is it time to “drop the stick” you are holding and embrace the reality that everything isn’t equally worth doing?
Learn how to do a strategic plan and your life will become more focused, more organized and you’ll achieve better results.
So join us:
Thursday, March 27th
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Central Time)
The course is just $199, and it’s yours for life. View it as often as you like and download fresh templates whenever you need.
You have my word that the benefits will last you a lifetime!
P.S. As with all my training, I want you to be completely satisfied. That’s why I promise a money-back guarantee if you’re not. No hassles, no risk!